I haven’t been running much recently and was very aware of it and feeling lazy yesterday when reading my twitter timeline which was full of reports of runs. Even Jogblog had been out for an early run! So I grabbed some kit, found my garmin and decided to run my errands instead of fighting the Christmas shopping traffic.
I felt so good that when I got back I through about going out again because I’d only run 3 miles. Instead I decided to save myself for today and while still on a runners high committed to myself to do a mini run streak this week before Christmas. Nothing as impressive as some on twitter who have run everyday for years or clocked up thousands of miles but just enough to get my running mojo securely back and ward off a few mince pies. A little bit of pre-Janathon and Pre-marathon-training training!
A few observations from today’s almost 10K run,
- Hyde Park should be avoided after noon at weekends
- Winter Wonderland is a blot on the landscape
- Small children should be trained to walk in straight lines
- Runners that overtake then stop in the crowd and look up at Winter Wonderland will get me running straight into them
- Someone needs to pass a law banning the use of extendable leads on small dogs
- It takes me 4 miles to really get into a run
- I run faster on the way home