Last week I promised to not run again until I sorted out my Achilles and sought some help for it. So over the week I have (amongst other things)
- Foam rolled and stretched lots
- Taken 3 days off running
- Felt my Achilles was much improved
- Not got round to getting a sports massage or seen a physio
- Cycled to 2 BMF classes and found it was all ok as long as I stuck to a steady pace and didn’t go mad and sprint or try and race anyone
- Manage not to be an idiot and didn’t run flat out at those 2 BMF classes (most of the time)
- Been for a 6 mile easy run and managed to run easy pace
- Spent an excellent Saturday morning at Fulham Palace parkrun in the company of friends
- Blast out a parkrun PB on a busy course (record turn-out) and go sub 24 for the first time according to my Garmin. (still got 3 seconds to lose officially)
- Have a sore Achilles again
- Spend another Sunday evening foam rolling my calves….
Hey ho… Here we go again.
Janathon days 4-10
14.2 miles run. 16.7 miles cycled.